Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I'm Back

So the holidays are officially here and so is the cold weather. Everyone in the Powell house has been battling various colds the past few weeks...yes, that's right weeks!! I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel which is great, because I think we are down to our last box of Kleenex. Since the last post, I am very excited to announce some exciting news:
  • My pledge sisters Rachel and Ginny gave birth to beautiful girls and Julia has a handsome little boy and my sweet girlfriend Lauren had a girl
  • Ginny was on Oprah - TWICE - discussing the amazing life of her sweet son and daughter.
  • A sorority sister and previous colleague were married - Congrats Angela and Danny (I forgot my camera, but the wedding was beautiful)!
  • Another pledge sister, Jana is pregnant with her first child.
  • My beautiful sis, Laura had a great engagement party. Here is a picture of the happy couple
  • Powell #3, aka Peach, has completed half of his / her journey in my belly. We are not going to find out the sex of the baby, which always makes for an interesting discussion
  • After working more than seven years with Newell Rubbermaid, I am now spending some time working in the home - I know, you would think I have been posting more, but obviously that's not the case.
  • The twins saw Santa and were not nearly as quite as they were last year. Yes, we visited the same Santa at Phipps Mall in Atlanta where you need to make an appointment in October. To be honest, we saw Santa before Thanksgiving, talk about small pickins' for matching Christmas outfits. Thanks mom for finding some cute threads!

Thankfully my mother-in-law attended the

dramatic event with me - thanks Jo Ann

So, other than that, we have been enjoying the holidays and getting ready for Christmas! Here are some recent pictures....

Family photo at Thanksgiving #1, thanks Phil and Cindy, everything was delicious!

Kate and Tom bonding before heading back to Atlanta

Just too darn cute not to include....

The Godfather bonding with his two favorite kids...

Family photo and last and final Thanksgiving...number three!

I hope you and your family enjoyed the holidays, there is so much to be thankful for these days!

3 comments:

The Evans said...

I absolutely love the Santa pictures!! I am glad to hear that everyone is doing better and getting back on their feet. Hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Please keep us posted on "Peach." I think that is great that you are not going to find out the sex, especially since you have a beautiful girl and a handsome boy. Miss you and love ya!

Anonymous said...

too cute! at least yall were able to get a pic w/ santa. madeline had a death grip on me and would not let go to sit in santa's lap. she was terrified of him!

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

Awww...thanks for the shout out! We are a busy bunch aren't we? I can't believe you are halfway through your pregnancy! You are so gonna have your hands full...spoken from one busy momma to another! Love all the recent pics!