Tuesday, March 17, 2009

March Madness

The Powell family made our last voyage to Birmingham earlier this month. At this point in the pregnancy it is necessary to stay close to Atlanta and scale back on 'strenuous activities'. It is definitely strange to think next time I am in town I will have another child! Regardless, the weekend was jammed packed with family, birthday celebrations and amazing weather!!!
So many birthdays to celebrate in March....

Cheers to my Granddaddy, who turned 90 on March 1st! Unfortunately, he spent his birthday, and most of the month in the hospital. Now he is back home gaining his strength back and looking forward to working in his garden!

Elizabeth shows Granddaddy how she dips her chicken in ketchup. I have no idea where she gets this love for ketchup????

My home-made birthday cake for Mom....

The birthday girl and her two grandchildren

It was such a nice day - we played outside quite a bit while preparing lunch. My two Toms with their mischievous grins - gotta love it! Elizabeth was intrigued by her shadow ...and she loved the extra attention from Uncle VJ!

In attempts to have Tom pack on extra pounds (per the doctor's orders) we give him a hearty whole milk - milkshake everyday....he loves it. Most of the time Elizabeth lucks out and gets one too!

While I packed up my belongings, VJ said he would watch the kids. Here is his idea of watching the kids; napping in the chair and giving me a thumbs up sign.

And to the birthday boy who turned another year wiser on Saint Patty's Day. Definitely hard to say goodbye and let go of a sleepy baby.

While we were in town we were able to visit with some friends and attend the Chili Cook off. It was a beautiful day in Birmingham and about 70 degrees, not quite the weather for chili, but fun regardless. Here is my sweet friend Nicole and her daughter Marley Rose. MR has grown quite a bit since her last debut on the blog.

Not the greatest family photo, but they are rare, so I feel obligated to include.

Our friend Caleb celebrated his third birthday - the look on his face is priceless!

Here is a picture of the Becker twins (Maddie and Alex), Elizabeth and Tom and Becker big brother Caleb

Of course by now you know how non-savvy I am with technology. Well, my dad installed Skype software on my laptop and now we can talk over the Internet using video. I will say it is very simple and utterly amazing. Here is a picture of Tom and Elizabeth seeing Papa for the first time on the laptop - they LOVED it!!!!Unfortunately, there are two great challenges with 'talking' over the Internet. 1 - teaching the kids not to play with the keyboard and 2 - helping them understand Papa is not always on the laptop, sometimes Mommy is just checking her email.

By the way, if you notice I am posting this at 5:30 in the morning, while everyone is fast asleep. Lately, sleeping has been difficult for me - I usually wake up at 3 toss and turn for one hour and then I decide to get out of bed and do something productive...usually laundry! Just say and extra prayer that I can sleep these last few weeks before the baby arrives.

3 comments:

Allison said...

So cute, Christina! That is so coola about the Skytype software..what a great way to keep in touch! Hope you get some rest!

Margaret Worrell said...

Christina,
I love the pictures! I hope you are able to get lots of rest in the coming weeks!
Marge

Anonymous said...

love all the new pics! elizabeth and tom are adorable :) the computer pics cracked me up! by the way your mom ages so well...she is so pretty :) can't wait to see your new bundle of joy!!