Tuesday, August 14, 2007

I apologize for the delay in update - we have experienced problems with our internet the last couple of days. Last weekend was definitely different from any other - the joys of parenthood are kicking-in high gear. Every time Tom or I were with Elizabeth we were constantly saying to each other, come look. Look at her yawn, look at this face, look at her feet, look at her long nails, look at this poop! It is very easy to keep yourself entertained with kids and we look forward to re-living all of these first when Tom comes home! Little Tom had an eventful day yesterday afternoon - he rode in an ambulance for the first time. Husband Tom traveled with Tom to Scottish Rite Children's Hospital, which is directly across the street from Northside, where the twins were delivered. Tom went to Children's Hospital to undergo additional testing with equipment especially for, you guessed it, kids. Although the trip was short, he is still recovering from the hourney and is a bit tired. We hope to hear the testing results sometime tomorrow, if not today. I am about to go to the hospital to see my two Toms; as of this afternoon Tom drank two bottles which is a very good indication that he is getting his strength back! Here is Nurse Stacey tending to our Little Man, who was there when I fed Tom a bottle for the first time! Proud Daddy Tom impressed with his son's stong baseball grip. Uncle VJ anxiously awaits to hold his nephew. After a long day, I was shocked and so surprised to find my dear friend Nicole, husband Thomas, and daughter Marley stopped by to bring us some super special and much needed hugs. It was extra special, since they live in Mount Pleasant, SC! To give you a size comparison, her baby is about 10 pounds. On Monday, Elizabeth went to see her pediatrician, Dr. B, for the fist time outside of the hospital. Elizabeth thouroughly enjoyed the outing and even remained quite in the waiting room. Dr. B came to see her in the hospital everyday and she is very happy with our daughter's progress. She is even a little amazed how fast Elizabeth is improving - her head movements and legs are very strong and she suggested that we start spending time with her on her belly to continue the development. Since Tom returned to work this week, I brought Grandparents Graffeo to the appointment and they had a blast, photographing every moment, just as though they were doing this for the first time. With all this being said, we continue to ask for the greatest gift, your prayers. WE ask you continue to give the proud parents strength to understand the challenges we face, Tom stay on the path of recovery and improvement continues, and Elizabeth remain healthy and enjoys her new found "tummy time". We also ask that you praise God for allowing the nurses to removed the oxygen, the antibiotic tubes, the heart monitor and a few other tubes from his his little body! Thank the Lord Tom is able to breath on his own, make poopy diapers, cry, and be held in mom and daddy's arms! As we celebrate our third wedding anniversary today, we remain more in love today than I could ever imagine because we both truly understnad how precious each breath and every tear brings you closer to those you love. I hope each one of you has someone just as special in your life because daily we thank God for you and your prayers.

7 comments:

Maggie Pelton said...

Hey! I'm so excited to read another update. Are you checking your work email. I sent you one today. I want to bring some dinners to y'all. Email me a let me know what works for you. Your babies are precious! I'm praying for all of you!!

Anonymous said...

Christina:

Happy Anniversary to you &
Tom; please know we're praying for all of you; I hope you get good news on young Tom, and SOON. Can't wait for the chance to come over and see ya'll. Much love,

u/mike & a/jane

Anonymous said...

Hey Christina! I am cheating on my vacation and checking on you guys. My thoughts and prayers are still with you. After a busy week for our team last week and my vacation, I am so anxious to see you! God bless and congratulations on your third wedding anniversiary!

Angela

Anonymous said...

Christina,
Our prayers are with you all and we pray for Little Tom's continued progress. Elizabeth and Tom are beautiful and I know you can't wait to have them both home together. Hopefully that day will be soon.
Love to you,
Tom and Sallye Grainger

Anonymous said...

Hello Christina!! I've been asking about you four - didn't realize you had taken the time to update blog. So glad Mr. Tom is improving by the minute - prayers are answered - and hope he will soon be home!! He and Elizabeth are beautiful, couldn't be anything else with such great looking parents. Will continue to check daily on progress - come on poopey diapers - HA!

Love and prayers to you all,

Teresa

Anonymous said...

I still know everything is going to be fine. Happy anniversary (late)...and by the way...Marley is 10 lbs HEAVIER...not just 10 lbs...she'll appreciate the compliment though. Love you and we are still praying...
Nicole

Anonymous said...

Hey guys. I just heard of the births and immediately started browsing through your blog. Precious!! First off, cograts on the birth! They are beautiful. And might I add that mommy looks amazing especially for just giving birth to twins!! Good for you girl. I want you to know that little Tom and the whole Powell family are in my prayers. I know he will fight through and turn out to be a strong strapping lad. :) I hope to get to visit you guys sometime soon when I'm in Atlanta again. I know we've been out of touch, but I want you to know you I think a lot of you guys and miss ya. I wish you the very best and I look forward to seeing more blogs!