Thursday, August 9, 2007

The Little Things

Thursday, August 9, 2007 - the greatest day of the year! I am happy to report that Tom has made significant progress over the past 24 hours. Each time I visit him, he looks better and better! He is breathing on his own and no longer has a machine pumping oxygen into his lungs. During my visit this morning, he was wide awake and I saw his eyes for the first time - talk about falling in love. He is so handsome and without the tubes on his face, I can tell he and Elizabeth will have similar facial features. Even though seeing his beautiful eyes for the first time would get me through another day, I was given an additional gift. The nurse informed me that he was in need of a diaper change and asked if I would like to have the honors. I never thought changing his diaper would be such a special moment, nor did I think that it would be such a great battle for our child to create a "dirty diaper". It is definitely the little things that mean the most. Regardless, I am still floating in the clouds and will provide additional updates soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You don't know how thrilled this makes me! the power of prayer! can't wait to meet Marley's new friends. I love you and we are praying for the whole family!