Thursday, August 9, 2007

The Greatest Day of the Year Continues

Talk about a monumental day! Joined by a friend, my mom and Tom, the Greatest Day of the Year just got better!!! Tonight I went to the NICU to see my little champ; I was anxious to sit with him because this afternoon he had a few other cords removed. As my friend Cari and I walk over to Tom's station I was greeted by his night nurse, Beth. As she turned towards me, with a smile on her face and a fighter in her arms she asked, "Would you like to hold him?" I looked at her and said are you being serious? as my lips quivered and the tears started flowing. Knowing the details of the tough days we had faced, Cari rushed out of the NICU saying, I'm going to go get Tom. (Only two visitors are allowed per patient at one time) Moments later Tom burst through the doors and Beth handed me our sweet Champion for the first time. In a weird way it was as if we were re-living the delivery events from Monday that never happened. Beth took pictures as Tom and I held our son and smiled uncontrollably for the camera. Life is good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Tom & Christina!!
I am thrilled to hear that all is well, especially "little man." As I was reading, I started to cry. There is nothing more precious than to hold those "little angels" of yours. Treasure every moment. With love.

Yancey, Robert, Anderson & Dixon

Unknown said...

Congratulations Christina and Tom!
I have been thinking about you and praying for your little Tom.

Let me know when everyone is home and ok. I'd love to bring you supper one night.
Paige Gregg

Susie said...

congratulations christina! ashlei told me about your blog. i will be praying for Tom and all of you. enjoy your little ones. they are the greatest!

Susie Glover Lovekamp