Thursday, August 14, 2008

THE Barnyard Birthday Party

Welcome to the Powell barnyard bash, you cannot see it, but we
are sitting on our hay bay horse

I know you really do not want to hear about the fun new things the twins are eating, or how much they splash in the tub, I imagine you are anxious to see pictures from their first birthday party. Without further hesitation, here are a few highlights...

Here's the barnyard cake from Rhodes Bakery - yummy!!!
Elizabeth eyeing her brothers cupcake, not realizing hers is so close Now she sees the sugary tasty treat ....and it is all over Gosh, this is so much fun
Who needs hands, when the cake can go
straight to my mouth?
Unlike twin sis, Tom did not like getting cupcake on himself.
We all love Ms. Chiquita and Mr. Charles
- they are so much fun!
Grab your cowboy hats and smile, we are going
for a ride on the two headed horse
We love our new chairs from Uncle Robs,
Aunt Lara and soon to be Uncle Kyle
Has anyone seen Broke back Mountain?
Topy is getting Tom all geared up for his first tricycle ride
What is this thing on my head?
I really like my new set of wheels
Tom could not quite figure out what was on top
of his head, but he knew he did not like it
We are going to cruise the neighborhood in style,
thanks to Uncle VJ
Thanks Grandfather Graffeo, we have an awesome new kids table
and cute little school chairs - did I mention that he made this for us?
Crazy Grandmother Graffeo bending down to kiss Elizabeth,
not knowing that I have my camera - what a nut!
What a day, I am sooo tired!!!

Many thanks to those who drove near and far to help make our birthday so special! The kids had a blast and Tom and I really enjoyed ourselves as well!

2 comments:

The Reeds said...

What a fun party! You are so creative! I love Elizabeth's approach to the cupcake:)
I'd LOVE to pimp your blog! What is your email address? I had it, but I can't find it!

Jana said...

Christina! I love your blog!! I didn't realize you had twins!! My how things have changed!! I am new to "blogging"--so check ours out!!www.tomandjanabroughton.blogspot.com! I'm looking forward to keeping in touch! Hope you are doing well!