Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Happy Birthday!!!

Mom woke me up and dressed me early so
she could take my birthday picture before work
Yes, we are wearing matching outfits

Seriously, where did the time go? Can you believe the twins are one? I am so incredibly thankful to have survived the past year - what a roller coaster of a ride!! Thank your for all of your prayers, words of encouragement, phone calls, dinners - there is no way I would have made it the past 365 days without your support. So, in the past 30 days.....since my last post:

  • Elizabeth and Tom were split up for the first time since Tom was in NICU. They did really well and loved the one-on-one attention all weekend long. Tom and Tom stayed in Atlanta and Elizabeth went to Birmingham with the Graffeo Grandparents - next time Tom will go to Birmingham.
  • I actually went on a beach trip with my college sorority sisters and stayed the entire weekend (contrary to what many thought - Mr. Nelson included!). Let's just say it is just like the good 'ole college days when we get together and we can still shut down the FloraBama.
  • Made it to all 11 doctor appointments for the twins, please don't ask me how I do it. Sometimes when I reflect on things like this, I feel as if God really does provide me with a few extra hours a week. I will give a shout out to our Doctor's and nurses - I have learned make friends with the nurses and call enroute to their office. Just let them know you are on the way and are really hoping for a short wait time! Of course, free pens and Sharpies as bribes always work nicely too! Currently the stats include:

Elizabeth: 29 3/4 inches tall, weighs 19.8 pounds and her head circumference is 46 cm - did I mention that her head is in the 90th%? What a melon!

Tom: 28 1/4 inches tall, weights 16.6 pounds and his head circumference is 43 cm. He is steadily hanging onto the chart and we are very pleased with development - everything is developing at the same pace and proportional! Celebrate the 3rd% and he is even in the 25th% in height, maybe he will be long and lean?

  • The twins are sleeping through the night on a regular basis and use their pacifiers only while in their crib. Tom is not terribly reliant on the little orange piece of plastic, which is not the case for Elizabeth.
  • We have lowered Elizabeth's crib, because she is starting to pull up on everything and even cruise around the coffee table.
  • Tom has a mouth full of teeth and is doing an amazing job of keeping his glasses on his face and not sharing them with his sister.
  • Both children are beginning to eat "real" food as I call it - ie. anything not baby food out of a jar. It is going well, but if you have any suggestions on what to feed little ones, let me know. I assume they are too young for Ramen noodles and Mexican, both my favorite meals.

Who said my melon is large?

Tom flexes his muscles for Dr. B and shows his teeth to all of the nurses!

Unfortunately, going out to dinner made us stay
up a little later than usually and we were not very excited
about our birthday cupcakes....

4 comments:

Maggie Pelton said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Babies!! I can't believe it's been a year nor can I believe your crazy schedule!! Thanks for the update!

Anonymous said...

I mean...they are sooooo freakin' cute!!! I LOVE the last two pics of them, those are classic. I hate that we'll miss the big shin dig this weekend, I know that it'll be crazy. Mama might need a drink during the party. I don't see why you can't feed them ramen noodles and mexican...John Henry ate ramen noodles when he was 12 months.
Love you.
Kiss those sweet faces for me!
Ashley W.

The Reeds said...

Oh my godness- I can't believe they are 1!! Elizabeth looks like a mini Christina and Tom is a mini Tom:) Of course they are both precious!! Happy Birthday!!

Leigh Collins said...

Hey Christina, I still can't believe you have twins! Yet, I can't believe I have 2 kids either! Where does the time go? I found you're blog through someone else's - hope you don't mind me peeking!
Leigh Kirby Collins