Friday, June 19, 2009

Guess What We Are Up To...

Yes, that is right - I am attempting to potty train my little girl!! She has been showing signs for the past couple of weeks (insisting I change her diaper immediately after something happens), but I have been in denial that she is actually ready. Not to mention I am also wondering how I am going to throw new event this into the mix of our daily routine. I am very proud to say that Elizabeth's first trip to the potty she went poopy and I did take a picture, but against my will I have decided not to post it. I was so proud of her and I thought, gosh this is going to be a breeze. Well, let's just say that was the only time something has actually made it into the potty. I feel as though I have a new puppy in the house, which everyone keeps telling me this is normal....but when will it end?
So we are about a week into the training and Elizabeth is in pull-ups and big girl underwear (I hate the p-word). I am completely open to any suggestions, I really have no clue what to do, but I am very eager to hear what worked for you! Oh, i have tried M&Ms and she does not like them, but she does like her cookies and stickers.
I cannot post without adding pictures of the boys...
Sweet, handsome Tom
Curious Elizabeth
The largest Powell baby yet..

4 comments:

Jana said...

Its just proof that us girls are more advanced...even from an earyly age:) I am SO impressed at under 2 Elizabeth, and you, are potty training. I can't even imagine how you do it! You deserve a pat on the back and a day at the spa!

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

YOU are super mom, girl!!! Let me just say, that potty training with Ellie Kate has not been easy. Even though I thought she was ready, I probably should have waited several more months. I truly think the closer they are to 3 then it's just easier. However, about 6 weeks into training, we are down to about 1 accident a day and sometimes none. I have no tricks or tips as everything I did with Samuel did not work with EK. Each child is so different! I think just read her signs and do what you think is best for her personality. And if she doesn't get it, then wait a few more months and try again. Good luck!

Margaret Worrell said...

You always amaze me! We can't wait to come visit! Let's plan a date soon!

The Evans said...

Anderson was showing signs of potty-training at 18 months. All of a sudden, it came to an abrupt halt. It was not until one of her pre-school friends was wearing big girl underwear that she started showing signs again. At age 2, she was fully potty-trained. I give praises to Anderson's wonderful teachers for making this happen. Keep up the work, and she will truly amaze you. Love the pictures of the kids. Hope ya'll are having a wonderful summer.