Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Road Trip!!!

Since Tom is back at work, my mom drove to Birmingham with me and twins and Tom met us on Friday. It was a late night the evening prior to the roadtrip, so I decided to pack the next morning. After five hours, I finally had the Tahoe loaded down with bathtubs, blankets, bottles, diapers, medicine, clothes and did I mention babies? The trip to Birmingham was actually relatively easy. We stopped in Anniston (about the halfway point) to eat and actually spent a few hours in the parking lot of the Arby's. Everything was going well, Tom ate a record amount of milk while mom and I finished our sandwiches and Elizabeth slept the entire time. Because of the record amount of food Tom ate, he decided he wanted to leave a little something behind in Anniston....and "little" is putting it very lightly!

Finally, after a day of packing and an afternoon in Anniston, we arrived in Birmingham early evening and needless to say Mom and I were very tired. The twins did great and only hope they will continue to sleep everytime they get in their carseats. Tom was home alone for two nights and I just knew he was going to catch up on his sleep....or so I thought. When I called him the next day to hear all about the quite evening, I just knew I was going to be jealous. I expected him to say he went to bed at 9 and woke up and 6, but instead he said the house was "too quite" and did not sleep well!
Erin Hamby did great bathing Elizabeth and I just had to include a picture of Ashley and her son, John Henry - he is just as cute (and big) in person!!! We had such a great time in Birmingham - we visited with friends, family, and actually made it to Tuscaloosa! In addition to seeing folks, we were finally able to celebrate VJ's birthday (it was on September 16th) and go out to dinner without the twins. I think Tom put it best when he said my parents should have a revolving door installed, we had people over all weekend long. It was so nice introducing everyone to the twins and seeing family. For many, this was the first time they have met our children.
VJ's Birthday Dinner at Rojo: As usual, mom and daddy were such a big help during our stay! They changed diapers, fed babies, babysat, and even stayed up late night. I know I got more sleep than they did and I will admit, it was very nice. Of course being home for a few days made it difficult to say goodbye, but we all look forward to the next visit in a few weeks.
Game Day Pictures:
Andy and Emily look like professionals holding the twins - cute dress Emily!
A few Alpha Chi's at the tailgate with the youngest, Marley, in the UA cheerleading uniform.
Of course we must stop by the KA house when we are in Tuscaloosa - here are a few of the pledge brothers and their wives.
PS - this post is a little old, this was acutally the weekend of September 21st

No comments: